ICLS Academy in IICA was set up to conduct Training Programmes mainly for the ICLS officers/officials of Ministry of Corporate Affairs.
ICLS Academy is headed by a Director, who is an ICLS officer (SAG level) and is to be assisted by Joint Directors, Deputy Directors, Sr. Consultants, Consultants and Office Assistants. ICLS Academy also engages CS Trainees for which it is registered with ICSI for imparting 15 months training. The main job of ICLS Academy is to prepare Schedule/Module of each of the programmes being conducted by ICLS Academy and conduct training programmes for the officers of ICLS, MCA and their Feeder Cadre.
Following training programmes/courses are being conducted by ICLS Academy at IICA:-
1. Induction Training programme for ICLS Probationary officers recruited through Civil Service Examination conducted by UPSC. This is 10 months training programme in three phases. The 1st & 3rd Phases are of class room teaching and 2nd phase consists of three months Field Training at the offices of ROC, OL and RD.
2. Mid Career Training Programme for ICLS officers (viz. SAG/JAG/STS/JTS). There are 291 ICLS officers. ICLS Academy conducts Four Mid Career Training Programmes every year i.e. one in each quarter.
3. Mandatory Training Programme for Senior Technical Assistants (STAs) - As per revised Recruitment Rules each STA has to undergo one month training with ICLS Academy, IICA. The ICLS Academy conducts four training programmes every year i.e. one in each quarter.
4. Training Programme for the officers/officials in the offices of Official Liquidators in India - Various High Courts have ordered to conduct one month training programme for the officers/officials of the offices of Official Liquidators under their jurisdiction. ICLS Academy conducts four such training programmes every year i.e. one in each quarter.
5. Other Trainings - ICLS Academy also conducts other training programmes as and when instructed by the Ministry of Corporate Affairs. During the year 2014, as per directions of MCA, ICLS Academy conducted six Special two days Workshop-cum-Training programmes for ICLS officers/officials in the offices of ROC & RD on Companies Act, 2013, Rules and e-forms etc. in which 224 ICLS officers/officials were imparted training.