The Centre for Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME) is established to foster understanding of the regulatory framework, encourage innovative responses to business environments and focus on issues affecting MSMEs. The Centre enables capacity building through training, interaction including seminars and workshops.
MSMEs play an important role in the Indian economy. Besides acting as an entrepreneurial engine, they are also the largest employment generators.
Around 95% of the industrial units in the country are SMEs (small and medium enterprises). As per the survey conducted by the Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises, over 90% of these SMEs are registered as Proprietorships, about 2% to 3% as Partnerships and less than 2% as Companies.
Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs), including khadi and village/ rural enterprises constitute an important segment of Indian economy in terms of their contribution to country's industrial production, exports, employment and creation of an entrepreneurial base.
The Centre for MSME reinforces IICA's basic philosophy of enabling understanding of the changing national and global business environment and catalyzing appropriate regulatory and service delivery responses, with a special focus on MSMEs. The centre plays a pivotal role in all its activities to provide knowledge, technology, ongoing learning, flexibility and innovation as business drivers.
AREA OF FOCUS
Research & Knowledge Creation
• Establish Centre for MSME as hub of knowledge creation.
• Collaborate with Institute & experts of repute and conduct research.
• Develop Best Practices, Sector Guidelines, SMEs tool kits and Strategy development for MSMEs.
• MSME outreach and stake holder consultation through Seminar, Workshops and forums.
• Conduct capacity building courses and trainings for MSMEs, Sensitize Policy makers and key MSME stakeholders.
Advisory Services & Consultancy
• Serve as primary point of contact for internal and external stakeholders in MSME sector.
• Capacity Building Advisory services to create and strengthen the "Vision" of the Chambers of Commerce & Industry, Associations & Federations of Business Organizations.
• Facilitate Policy Advisory and Influence Policy decision.
• Foster MSME Ecosystem Development.
• Provide consultancy for SME and Entrepreneurship development.